Oliver Thamm's HC12 Web
Articles, Links and Resources for Users of the Motorola* HC12 and HCS12 Microcontroller Families
This site is dedicated to users of HC12 and HCS12 microcontrollers made by Freescale - formerly known as (*) Motorola Semiconductor, now owned by NXP. Here you can find a large amount of links and resources related to these 16-bit microcontroller families.
Since the introduction of Motorola's 68HC812A4 in 1996, there has been an increasing demand for information about HC12 development tools, software, sample projects and technical resources. During my work as a microcontroller consultant, I've been talking to HC12 users nearly every day. Finally, I started to collect all sorts of information about the MC68HC12 and provide an easily accessible directory for everyone who works with HC12 MCUs.
In March 2002, Motorola has launched the new HCS12 product line. Because the HCS12 is a direct ugrade to the existing HC12 family, most of the links and information provided here are suitable for both lines.
Latest addition (though, expected to be available not before 2005) is the advanced HCS12X, providing even more features, including the XGATE DMA coprocessor.
The Web is growing and changing every day, and so is the HC12Web.de site. As a consequence, there are always a couple outdated links to information that is obsolete. So, please drop me a note if you find such broken links or any new HC12 and HCS12 stuff!
- Veröffentlichungen (list of publications)
...go for a deep dive:
Project Articles on hc12web.de
- The ACPRD Project Page - Alarm Control Panel Reference Design using the Freescale MC9S12DP256
- The RAM.Bo256 Project Page - A RAM Add-On Board for the HCS12
- The DIS12 Project Page - A Disassembler for the Motorola HC12/STAR12 Family
- Project RAM.Bo32 - A RAM Add-On Board for the Motorola 68HC912B32 EVB
- RAM! Mehr RAM! - RAM Add-On Board für das Motorola B32EVB
- HC12 Review - Aktuelle Derivate und Entwicklungsboards im Überblick
- Schnellstart mit dem HC12 - Welcome-Kit für den 16-Bit-Mikrocontroller von Motorola
...things to explore:
Directory of HC12 Links and Resources
- the prerequisites: Overview HC12 Derivatives
- from the Ranch: Links to HC12 Resources on Freescale Servers
- engineer's chat room: Mailing Lists and Newsgroups
- value for free: Shareware and Free Software incl. Code Samples for the HC12
- interesting stuff: HC12 Community: Projects, Links, Resources
- reading cultivates the mind: Articles published in Magazines or Online
- more to read: Books on the HC12
- from the experts: Training, Courses, Classes
- what money can buy: Commercial HC12 Development Tools: Compilers, Debuggers, Emulators
- hands-on hardware: HC12 Evaluation Boards, Controller Modules and Single Board Computers
- think fuzzy: Fuzzy using HC12 Microcontrollers